I have been watching the "Ayurveda Jeevana Vidhanam" which is being aired on Zee Telugu for quite some time now, the Ayurveda Guru in that shows us many remedies which we can perform using simple ingredients from our kitchen shelf.
According to this Guru, one can shed excess weight or burn excess fat by having horse gram soup.
I have never tasted this rasam before, and heard a lot about this and wanted to give it a try.
I must tell you, this rasam is excellent to taste.
- 1 Cup Horse gram/vulavalu
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- A pinch of Hing
- Salt to taste
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp oil
- 4-5 Green chillies, chopped
- Few Curry leaves
- 3 Cups water.
- Soak vulavalu over night in water and pressure cook with 3 cups water for 7-8 Whistles.
- Mash, sieve them and discard the pulp keeping aside the water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, when they start spluttering add garlic, hing, chillies , curry leaves.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till they become soft.Add the tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are completely mashed.
- Add the horse gram water , salt, turmeric powder, tamarind paste and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and Serve hot.