- 2 cups Gawar beans/goruchikkudu , ends stringed & cut into small pieces
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 Cup Dalia or roasted channa dal
- 8-10 red chillies (dry)
- 1 tbsp dry coconut powder
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- Dry roast dalia, red chillies, coriander seeds, dry coconut & make a fine powder.
- Steam the gawar beans over a pot of boiling water until they are cooked.Do not over cook.
- Heat oil in a pan & add mustard & cumin seeds, when they start to crackle add the curry leaves & onions.
- Saute till onions are soft & add the boiled gawar beans, turmeric powder & mix.
- Add salt, ground powder & mix well.Cover & cook on medium heat for 5-10 mts stirring in between.
- Remove & serve hot.