Monday, December 14, 2009
One of the healthiest & tastiest paratha's, loaded with protein, calcium & iron.
This is my own creation to make up for my kids skipped meals.You can expect more variety of paratha's from now on. :-)
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Raagi Flour
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of dry ginger powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 4-5 tbsp milk (to knead)
- 5-6 tbsp Paneer (grated)
- 2 tbsp Carrot (grated)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl & add milk & knead to a soft dough.
- keep aside for 20 mts.
- make small balls & roll them out into roti's using a rolling pin.
- Cook the rolled out paratha on a hot griddle adding few drops of ghee until golden brown.
- These paratha's will remain soft. Perfect meal for kids.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Popular Street food of Mumbai
- 4 large Potatoes( boiled & mashed)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Green chilli-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 Cup Gram flour / besan
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 8 Pav bread
- Oil to deep fry.
- Take Gram flour/besan in a bowl, add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder & mix.
- Add Sufficient water & whip to a smooth & thick batter.
- set aside for 10 mts.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan & add asafoetida, turmeric powder,green chilli-garlic paste & mix.
- Add potatoes, salt & mix well.set aside to cool.Add chopped cilantro, lemon juice to the potato mixture & mix well.
- Divide the mixture into eight equal portions & shape them into balls.
- Heat oil in a pan.Dip the potato balls in the gram flour batter & deep fry till golden brown & crisp.Drain on a tissue.
- Slit each pav, spread some dry garlic chutney , place a vada & press lightly.
- Serve immediately with fried green chillies.