My Sister in Law (husband's sis) used to make this for my husband and brother in law while they were in school/college, when they were just not in a mood to eat the regular rice, subzi and dal after school.
- 2 Cups Rice (cooked or left over)
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4-5 Green chillies, slit
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Chopped Cilantro to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and add cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, green chillies,onion and fry till onions turn brown.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes,salt and fry till tomatoes are completely mashed,usually takes 3-4 minutes
- Finally add the rice ans mix well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with raita.