- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup Green Peas (soaked overnight) or fresh peas
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 5 green chillies, slit
- Salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 cloves
- 1" cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp oil
- Soak rice for half an hour drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and fry for a minute.
- Add onions and fry till they become soft, now add ginger, garlic, green chillies and fry till done.
- Add the peas to this along with salt and mix well.Add 1 cup of water and allow it to boil.
- Add the rice, mix gently , cover and cook till rice is cooked.
- Remove , mix gently & garnish with cilantro and serve hot with raita.