- 2 Cups basmati rice
- 1&1/2 Cups Lobia beans, soaked over night and boiled
- 1 large potato , cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 5 green chillies
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1" ginger piece, minced
- few mint leaves
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 tbsp biryani masala
- 3 Cloves
- 1" Cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 black Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Shahi jeera
- 2 tbsp oil
- Soak basmati rice for half an hour and cook in boiling water for 5-7 minutes.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add shahi jeera, cloves, Cinnamon, bay leaf , cardamom.
- When they start leaving the aroma add the sliced onion, green chillies, ginger, garlic and mix.
- When onions turn brown add the potatoes, lil salt and mix well.
- Fry till potatoes are soft.Add the biryani masala, mint leaves, salt and mix well.
- Add the curd and cover for 5 minutes.Add the boiled lobia and mix.
- Layer the rice and lobia mixture and sprinkle garam masala, mint leaves, coriander leaves.
- Cover it tightly and keep on very low heat for 15mts.
- Serve hot with raita.
My Entry for 'Ravishing Rice' event hosted by Nags & Meeta.