- 1 Cup rice
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp oil
- A large pinch of Asafoetida powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1/2" ginger, finely chopped
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- Few Curry leaves
- Pressure cook 1 cup rice with 1 cup of milk and 1 1/2 cup water.
- Add salt to the rice and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when they begin to crackle add urad dal,cumin seeds, ginger, chillies
- and fry till dal turns golden brown.
- Add asafoetida, curry leaves and add this seasoning to the rice.
- Add yogurt and some milk if required and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- You can add pomegranate seeds, small grapes also.