* 2 cups Basmati rice
* 1/2 of each green, red and yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup corn
* 1/4 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
* 1/2 cup beans, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup Bokchoy (Chinese cabbage)
* 1 Jalapeno, chopped
* 4 green chillies
* 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
* 1" ginger, finely chopped
* 5-6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 2 tbsp Schezwan sauce
* 2 tbsp Soya sauce
* 1/4 tsp pepper powder
* Salt to taste
* 2 tbsp oil
- Wash and cook rice, taking care that each grain remains separate and keep aside.
- Heat oil and saute ginger, garlic, green chillies, jalapenos for a couple of minutes.
- Add beans, carrot, corn, peas and stir fry on high for a couple of minutes.
- Add the capsicum and bokchoy and fry for some more time.Vegetables should not be completely cooked,they should still be crisp.
- Add salt, pepper powder, soya sauce, schezwan sauce and mix well.
- Finally add the rice and mix thoroughly, add the spring onions and mix well.
- Remove, Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot. Goes well with Manchuria or chilli paneer.
My Entry for 'Ravishing Rice' event hosted by Nags & Meeta.