Ingredients: For Papdi:
- 1 Cup maida
- 1/4 cup Sooji/Semolina
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Warm water
- 2 Potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 1 Cup Chick peas/White Peas (soaked overnight & boiled)
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chilled Yogurt (Whisked smooth)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Black salt
- 2 tbsp Green Chutney (cilantro,mint, garlic,green chillies)
- 2 tbsp Tamarind chutney
- Mix maida, salt, semolina, oil and mix well.
- Add little by little water and knead it to a firm dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough in to roti and cut papdi size circles with a water bottle cap.
- Prick on them with a fork (to avoid puffing) and fry in hot oil till golden brown & crisp.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Arrange papdi in a plate & place potatoes,onions & tomato on each papdi.
- Mash the chick peas/peas lightly and mix salt & place a tsp on each papdi.
- Drizzle some yogurt, green chutney, tamarind chutney on the papdi.
- Sprinkle salt, chilli powder,black salt, cumin powder (according to your taste) and sev.
- Serve immediately.