- 2 Cups Maida/ All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Yeast (dry)
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Warm water
- Mix the yeast in warm water and keep aside for 10-15 mts.
- Mix together maida, sugar, salt, baking powder,yogurt, oil and knead well.
- Add the yeast and knead well to a soft dough.
- Keep aside for an hour or more till dough rises to almost double its quantity.
- Knead the dough again and remove all the air, make small lemon size balls.
- Roll out the dough into thick roti.Wet one side of the naan with some water.
- Place the wet side down on a hot tawa.When bubbles foam up turn the tawa so that naan is directly on the flame.
- When you see brown patches on the surface, remove the naan an apply some butter.
- Sprinkle some coriander and serve hot.
- Alternatively you can cook the naan in oven at 300F for 15mts.