Sri Rama Navami is a festival celebrated in South India, this is Special festival for me because my Husband's birthday also falls on the same day every year.
Vadapappu & Paanakam
- 1 cup Yellow Moong dal (soaked in water for 3 hrs & drained)
- 1 tbsp Green mango, grated
- 1 tbsp Carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp Coconut, grated (i did not use it)
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 1 tsp lime juice (fresh)
- Salt to taste
- Mix every thing together.
- 1 Cup Jaggery , grated
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 3 Cups Water
- Mix grated jaggery in water till jaggery gets dissolved completely.
- Add the cardamom powder and black pepper powder and mix.
- Serve chilled.