Ingredients: For Tikki
- 3 Potatoes, boiled & mashed
- 2 Slices bread (dip in water and squeeze out water)
- 2 tbsp Onions, finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies, minced
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 Cup chick peas (soaked overnight and boiled)
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp each ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp amchur
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Chole masala
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp cilantro to garnish
Method for Tikki:
- Mix together potatoes, bread slices, onions,chillies,cilantro, salt and the dry spices and mix well.
- Make lemon size balls and press them to form tikkies.
- Heat tava & place the tikkies & fry them till golden brown.
Method for Chole:
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera and bay leaf when oil is hot.When they splutter add onions and fry till onions are transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste green chillies and fry till they change color.
- Add tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, chole masala, chilli powder,amchur powder and mix well.add little water if required.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes and add the boiled chickpeas salt and mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Place 2 tikkies on a plate and pour 2 ladles of chole over it and sprinkle green chutney, sweet chutney, chopped onions and serve hot.