- 1 Cup Channa Dal
- 1 Cup Urad dal
- 1/2 cup Dry coconut powder
- 8-10 Whole Red chillies
- Half lemon size Tamarind
- Salt to taste
- Few Curry leaves
- 1/8 tsp pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 tsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the dal's , chillies and asafoetida
- on medium heat till dal's are browned.
- Remove and in the same pan fry the dry coconut, curry leaves for a minute and remove.
- Fry the tamarind also for a minute and remove.
- Grind together all the ingredients and add salt.
- Remove and store in an airtight container.
- Serve with Idly, dosa with a dash of ghee.