To me, tomato is the epitome of summer. Bright, fresh and succulent, produce like this are a handful of things I look forward to in a dessert summer.I’m happy when I’m snuggling with my hubby in a couch slurping a hot cuppa soup.Almost all our repertoires have a recipe for tomato soup. I have one too & here it is...
- 4 Ripe tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2" ginger, crushed
- 6-8 mint leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- Boil the tomatoes along with ginger,garlic,mint leaves & bay leaf for 20 mts.
- Fish out the bay leaf & blend tomatoes along with the garlic, ginger & mint when cool & strain well.
- Transfer this into a sauce pan & add salt.
- Bring to a boil & reduce , now add roasted cumin powder & pepper.
- Cook for 5 mts & remove.
- Serve hot sprinkled with pepper & bread croutons.