Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tomato Soup


To me, tomato is the epitome of summer. Bright, fresh and succulent, produce like this are a handful of things I look forward to in a dessert summer.I’m happy when I’m snuggling with my hubby in a couch slurping a hot cuppa soup.Almost all our repertoires have a recipe for tomato soup. I have one too & here it is...

Ingredients:

  • 4 Ripe tomatoes
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/2" ginger, crushed
  • 6-8 mint leaves
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 1/4 tsp Roasted Cumin powder

Method:

  • Boil the tomatoes along with ginger,garlic,mint leaves & bay leaf for 20 mts.
  • Fish out the bay leaf & blend tomatoes along with the garlic, ginger & mint when cool & strain well.
  • Transfer this into a sauce pan & add salt.
  • Bring to a boil & reduce , now add roasted cumin powder & pepper.
  • Cook for 5 mts & remove.
  • Serve hot sprinkled with pepper & bread croutons.

No comments:

Post a Comment