- 2 Cups Rice flour
- 5 tbsp Channa dal(soaked in water for 1 hr)
- salt to taste
- 8-10 Green chillies
- 1" Ginger
- few curry leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Water to make dough (roughly 1/2 cup)
- Oil to deep fry
- Grind & make a coarse paste with ginger & chillies.
- Take rice flour & add channa dal, chilli-ginger paste, curry leaves, salt, ghee & mix.
- Now add little water & mix it to a tight dough.
- Take a small lemon size ball of the dough, place it on a zip lock bag & press it.
- Heat oil in a pan , slowly drop the shaped chekkalu.
- Fry on a medium flame till golden brown & crisp.
- Remove & place on a tissue.Cool them completely & store.