- 1 Cup Brown rice
- 5 Cups water
- few curry leaves
- 5-6 green chillies
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- Rock salt/Sedha namak to taste
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Dry ginger powder
- 3 tsp Chopped Onions
- Chopped Cilantro
- Wash rice & pressure cook with 5 cups of water.
- Drain the rice water & save the rice.
- Add rock salt, curry leaves, chillies, ginger powder, pepper powder, cumin powder & mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer it for about 20 mts.The rice water should be simmered down to 3 cups.
- Add onions, chopped cilantro & mix.Serve hot.