I had kept myself from blogging longer than anticipated. An impending house shift in a month’s time is not helping either. To say that I din’t enjoy this time off would be a lie. Other interests, both old and new, took precedence, keeping me occupied.
- 1 Cup rice
- 1/2 cup Urad dal
- Salt to taste
- 5 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- Chopped Cilantro
- Soak rice & dal in water for 6-8 hrs.Strain & grind to a smooth batter adding little water.
- The consistency must be thick like idly batter.Cover & let it ferment overnight.
- Add salt to the batter & mix well.
- Add chopped onions, chillies, cilantro & cumin to the batter & mix well.
- grease the Ponganala skillet & place it on medium heat.
- Pour a ladle full of batter into each impression, cover & cook for 4-5 mts, till golden brown.
- Remove the lid & gently turn each one to opposite side to cook.
- Remove & serve hot with chutney.
* Sour dosa batter is perfect for the pongadalu.