- 250 gms paneer/cottage cheese
- 1 large red bell pepper - Diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper- Diced
- 1 large green bell pepper/capsicum - Diced
- 1 medium size onion - Diced
- 10 Mushrooms
for the marinade:
- 200 gms hung curd/yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbsp of Green Chutney (Mint,green chilli,Corriander Chutney, ginger, salt)
- 1 tsp roasted jeera powder/cumin seeds powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder/dry mango powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp black pepper powder (optional)
- juice of half lemon
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil or ghee or butter for brushing
- Salt to taste + some black salt.
- Take the hung curd in a bowl and beat it well,add ginger garlic paste, all dry spices , salt and black salt to the curd.
- Add lemon juice, green chutney, mix and keep the marinade aside.
- Cover and keep the marinated paneer and veggies in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Skewer the veggies and paneer in a skewer
- Arrange them on a cookie sheet or baking tray, brush with some oil and keep in the oven at 350 F on Broil setting.
- After 10 minutes remove from the oven, turn the skewers, brush some oil and again keep in the oven till done (10 more minutes).
- Alternatively you can heat a non- stick tava and cook the satays on a medium flame using oil till he paneer is light brown in colour from all sides.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with chaat masala and coriander.