For the Cake:
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar (Confectioner's Sugar)
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Pineapple Essence
For Filling & Frosting:
- 2 Cups heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Pine apple Chunks
For the Syrup:
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup cold water
- 1/2 tsp Pineapple essence
- Preheat oven to 300F.Lightly oil & flour the metal pan & set aside.
- Seperate the white from the yolks.Beat each separately adding pineapple extract & lil sugar at a time.
- The Whites should form stiff peaks & the yolks should be pale & thick.
- Slowly mix the beaten yolks into whites in a circular inward to outward motion. Do not beat or mix vigorously.
- Sift flour & baking powder twice & mix with the beaten eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pans.Bake for 20 mts till cake is done & springs back on touch or a toothpick come out clean when inserted.
- Let the pan cool for 10 mts& invert cake.let it cool completely before frosting.
- Chill the beater & bowl in which you will whip the cream.
- Whip cream while slowly adding sugar till cream is thick & stiff.(Do not overbeat , it turns to butter)
- Mix Sugar, essence & water in a bowl.Cut the cake into two equal halves.
- Place one cake & spoon the syrup all over the cake till it is moist (not till soggy)
- Spread an even layer of the cream, some pineapple chunks.Place the other cake on the top & again spoon some syrup over it like before.
- Spread an even & thick layer of cream on the top & decorate with the pine apple Chunks & cherries.
- Decorate the cake with the cream as per your imagination.Enjoy the pastry.
Happy New year Once again.