Popular Street food of Mumbai
- 4 large Potatoes( boiled & mashed)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Green chilli-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 Cup Gram flour / besan
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 8 Pav bread
- Oil to deep fry.
- Take Gram flour/besan in a bowl, add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder & mix.
- Add Sufficient water & whip to a smooth & thick batter.
- set aside for 10 mts.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan & add asafoetida, turmeric powder,green chilli-garlic paste & mix.
- Add potatoes, salt & mix well.set aside to cool.Add chopped cilantro, lemon juice to the potato mixture & mix well.
- Divide the mixture into eight equal portions & shape them into balls.
- Heat oil in a pan.Dip the potato balls in the gram flour batter & deep fry till golden brown & crisp.Drain on a tissue.
- Slit each pav, spread some dry garlic chutney , place a vada & press lightly.
- Serve immediately with fried green chillies.